Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My favourite products-Strobe Creme



Product : Strobe Crème, by MAC Cosmetics



Product Type: Primer

Brand: MAC Cosmetics (http://www.maccosmetics.com.au/)

Short description:

Fantastic moisturising primer, with a pearlescent pigment through it. Is great for normal or dry skin. Gives a natural dewy finish and is great at hiding red cheeks. Put on as primer, or mix through a foundation or concealer to give a more natural coverage and finish. Not ideal for oily skin, however ‘Strobe liquid’ is available to those with oily skin. It is just the pearlescent pigment in liquid form, so it doesn’t have the moisturising component, which creates more of a shiny layer on the skin if it’s not absorbed properly.



More in depth:

What is does: Moisturises and gives an amazing glow to the skin.

It is fantastic for dryer skin, older skin and to mix through some foundations and concealers if you want a slightly dewy look. For my skin, which is slightly on the dryer side, it keeps the make up lasting longer, because basically, the skin eats up this before it the foundation. I don’t recommend this product for oily skin, and if you use more than a small dollop (a small drop less than a cm in diameter) you may end up looking like a disco ball! It is full of natural botanicals and antioxidants and has some pearlescent pigments through it, which helps balance how the light reflects off your face.

See here for more information.

http://www.maccosmetics.com.au/product/178/364/Strobe-Cream/index.tmpl

If you have oily skin, MAC also do a stobe liquid, that will achieve a very similar finish on the skin, with out the add moisturizing component.

Pictures of the finish on the skin. I lost the address' where i found these pictures, but I will try to track them down if someone would like!





























How to use:

After cleaning your skin, and moisturizing if desired (and if you have dry skin) wait for five minutes then apply the Strobe crème where you want. I would avoid my eye lids, but every where else is generally fine, and if you tend to shine up through the day/night, you can avoid the shiny places, particularly if its on the for head, upper lip, chin and nose. Once applied, you can wait for a little bit, then apply your foundation. You can also apply it straight away so the foundation picks up some of the pigments in it, or just use the strobe crème with nothing else for a ‘skin pick me up’. One foundation is applied, I usually wait a minimum or 30 mins to one hour to see the final effect. The strobe crème tends to make everything settle in to the skin slower than a regular foundation.

Why I think it’s important:

I love this product. I would say it’s one of my favourites, probably due to the fact that I have dry skin. But it also compliments my skin colouring, as I get very red cheeks, and this both calms them down and the pigments reflect the light in such a way that you cant see the redness!! It always helps me achieve my desired look, which is always a natural skin finish, even if I have a lot of foundation on, it doesn’t look as heavy probably because of the dewy finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment